Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 indy 500sp efi

So I am down to the brake system, first of all in the reservoir there is a rubber disk laying loose, any clues?

Next the caliper is bad, piston won't move, bleeder problems. Going to replace the caliper, probably direct with Polaris. Any reasons I should source it elsewhere?

·
Super Moderator
17,303 Posts
It's unlikely you will find the exact part elsewhere. Stuff like that often isn't made in the after-market, as there is very little demand. It's also a possibility that Polaris won't have the parts, due to age. They usually quit supporting sled after about 10 years.

Most folks that need parts like that search for someone parting out a sled that has a serviceable part on it, or looks toward snowmobile salvage yards, such as Al's Snowmobile Parts Warehouse - Snowmobile Parts, Snowmobile Parts, and More Snowmobile Parts.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You are just not going to find a lot of parts via OEM anymore. I know you want to go that route but the cost isn't worth it in the long run. You can find a ton of those brake calipers from eBay and places like Al's online. That rubber disk seals the reservoir and very rarely goes bad even if the system has issues. You can find those on eBay as well sometimes NIP or lightly used.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are just not going to find a lot of parts via OEM anymore. I know you want to go that route but the cost isn't worth it in the long run. You can find a ton of those brake calipers from eBay and places like Al's online. That rubber disk seals the reservoir and very rarely goes bad even if the system has issues. You can find those on eBay as well sometimes NIP or lightly used.
How is that rubber disk installed? Along with where?

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
Buying from Polaris will cost you more than the sled is worth!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Exactly what are you needing. I have several of the older style Indy brake assemblies, pre-94 and post 94. Send me a PM picture of what you're needing and I may have it. Cover shipping and we would be good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what are you needing. I have several of the older style Indy brake assemblies, pre-94 and post 94. Send me a PM picture of what you're needing and I may have it. Cover shipping and we would be good.
I scored a used caliper Sunday $5 from a guy on local Craigslist. My plan is to make that one work. Your offer is amazing and wonderful!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The square is the base gasket for the master cylinder. The round one is the baffle that sits down in the cylinder and the washer goes on top of it.. Also if you could post a picture of what you are talking or if it is one of the pictures below we can go from there. I am talking about item #3, 22 and 21.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The square is the base gasket for the master cylinder. The round one is the baffle that sits down in the cylinder and the washer goes on top of it.. Also if you could post a picture of what you are talking or if it is one of the pictures below we can go from there. I am talking about item #3, 22 and 21.

View attachment 65224

View attachment 65223
21 and 22. The washer attaches to the rubber disk? Then the assembly just sits in the bottom?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts