Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I have a "brake lever lock?" and how do I use it?

Thanks,
1997 polaris 600 xlt limited

·
Registered
588 Posts
You should, I had to squeeze my brakes for all I was worth to get it to lock though. Squeeze the brake lever and flip the little lever right there at the base of the brake lever I think with your thumb if I remember right. I had the same sled.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got it! Thank you very much....If you had the same sled maybe you can help with my other question? (hand and thumb warmers) The one button shows hi, med, low and off (pretty self explanatory) for the hand warmer the other button (thumb warmer) shows "off" in the middle and "on" on the top as well as "on" on the bottom. What does each on position signify?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
588 Posts
must be an agressive chassis? switches in the middle of the handlebars? Mine was a wedge. I only had the one switch that controlled both handles and thumb. I think the thumb only has one heat setting though, either on or off. The hadles have hi and low. Low was always warm enough for me anyway. I'd guess the thumb will be the same temp at either "on" setting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brake question on a 1977 Polaris 340 Colt SS

I've had this sled since I was a kid and the brakes haven't worked and I never rode it much. So I bled the brake line and they worked. But now the brake doesn't seem to release and my sled is bogged down. Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts