Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to disassemble my brake mastercylinder because it was froze up. I bench bled the cylinder and the brake hose together in a bottle of brake fluid. Then I hooked up the caliper to them and tried to bleed it but I can't seem to get the caliper bled. A friend said he thought he remembered hearing that they have to be bled backwards? Does this make sense??

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Probably same as a car. You have to keep the hose end submerged, otherwise it can suck air back into the line.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was doing except I didnt submerge the caliper maybe I can run a hose from the bleeder screw into a container. Anyone else agree with this method?

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Should bleed like a car. Hold the lever pulled, crack the bleeder, close the bleeder, pump up the lever, repeat....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a heck of a time bleading a hydrolic clutch on a motorcycle. It would pump fluid but it would never build up enough preasure. We ran about 3/4 of a bottle of brake fluid through it with out any luck..

It turned out the master cylinder had air in it and it wasn't making it all the way out... To get it working I had to open the fitting that the master cylender. Lossened it squoze the handle. tightened let go of the handle and repeated.

I know you said you blead that already but I would check again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your replies, I found my old vacuum pump and bled it from the bleeder screw it is working good now, thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bleed it backwards if you can

I use this all the time now after learning from my Cessna. Loosen the bleeder some and put a thin rubber hose on that will squeeze over the tip of an oil can ( the type with the pull trigger you don't use much these days). Use a clean oil can fillid with brake flluid and pump it backwards that way until full. Some applications dont work well but most do, especially the short and simple systems. Make sure you keep an eye on the reservoir as it will overfill quick and that oil will remove paint if left laying on it. If you have leakage problems around the fitting and hose or hose and tip just secure it on with zip ties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts