Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brake seems to be lightly dragging all the time (I can hear it). I bought the sled used this year with 1600 miles so I can't speak for it's past history. I've ridden about 150 miles hoping it would remedy itself, but it hasn't. Is this normal? How do I adjust it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why do you think it's the brake dragging? One of the caracteristicts of Polaris is whinning sound that comes from the chain case when you let off the throttle. It is normal to hear it. It is caused by the idler sprocket and chain. It may quite down if you properly set the chain deflection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may be right....

I was aware that the chain noise was another possibility, but I kind of thought it was the brake since the noise is very similar to the sound I get as I start to apply the brake. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your brake was dragging just a tiny bit the smell of burning brake pad would be strong under the hood, do you have that smell? If not snowmobiles make some "God Awfull" howls, like stated above chain case, jack & drive shafts, track rotating ect... shane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts