Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wahy is the technical purpose of a boost bottle?
How effective are they?
Is it worth the money & how difficult is it to install?

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
they are to keep an extra supply of air/fuel. I have never heard of any noticable increases in preformance. all you have to do is dril out two holes in the air boot and zip tie it on.

they wont add hp

·
I gotta have more Cowbell
328 Posts
I just installed one on mine, and it made the throttle response much crisper. It smoothes out the low end and midrange. It was very easy to install. I used a length of 1/2" copper pipe as a hole saw. I filed the inner diameter to a sharp edge, and the outer diameter of the pipe is actually near 5/8". Makes a perfect hole for each intake boot.

I noticed a big difference. Even the idle was higher, had to turn it down. It also helps to synchronize the carbs. Maybe that's why the engine seems to run a little smoother.(even though the carbs were mechanically synched the same)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Jace said:
I just installed one on mine, and it made the throttle response much crisper. It smoothes out the low end and midrange. It was very easy to install. I used a length of 1/2" copper pipe as a hole saw. I filed the inner diameter to a sharp edge, and the outer diameter of the pipe is actually near 5/8". Makes a perfect hole for each intake boot.

I noticed a big difference. Even the idle was higher, had to turn it down. It also helps to synchronize the carbs. Maybe that's why the engine seems to run a little smoother.(even though the carbs were mechanically synched the same)
i agree, it just cleans up the carbs even more. equalizes them. it will cost 35-40 bucks from SLP, i took the carb boots off and just used a drill as to not get any rubber in the cylenders. I think if you have the kienin (spelling?) carbs it is much worth it. Not sure on the mikuni though, so far my 800 runs pretty darn good. Not really loading up on the low end

thoughts?

·
Registered
711 Posts
i think your right on that one, well i havent seen one for trips yet either

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had one on my 800 and I noticed a difference too, overall it ran a little smoother and I seemed to get a little better fuel mileage.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
ive seen them for triples but this was a long long time ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts