Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 polaris 600 touring and am thinking about buying one. Do the boost bottles acctually work like there said to ? is there that much preformance increase? is it worth buying one ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
They do work, it is quite noticible w/ the throttle response. If you think about what a boost bottle is...why wouldn't it work? I believe you should get one, it is said to also give you better fuel economy, but I can't say that it did or didn't make a difference, just my 10 yen,

Patrick

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
What do boost bottles actually do?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
haha

anoyone know? I know that someone does:p

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yep, i have one on my Rmk 700. A boost bottle connects both carbs right before the engine after the carb. It simple equalizes the pressure of each carb and helps clean up the engine. This along with air screw mods can really make for a snappy response. I paid $35 for mine and it was well worth it. Easy install too. I will post a picture how to to install a boost bottle. I also noticed a slight increase in fuel economy, however, i rejetted and dorked with the c clip at the same time.

dano

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Ohhhh i see. I never really knew what one did, and all of you guys talk about them and i was lost lol.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Especially on your RMK 800 you should. DO that and mes with the c clip (no less than #2 from the top position, the number one will be too lean) and make sure you got the right jets for the right temps, play with the air screw and your 800 will be reall nice with only 40 bucks invested. good luck man

dano

·
Registered
7 Posts
Will they fit on a 01 Pro X, it seems like the boots they connect into have been cut off?

-any one have one on there Pro-X?
-noticable gains?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll probably get tagged for this, but I couldn't remember if you can post sites or not in this forum.

http://power-mods.bizhosting.com/boost_bottle.html

that is a really good website explaining boost bottle theory
and how it works, not a direct seller of any products, just
a site that talks about the benefit of using them. Talks
about Carb boot porting too for added HP. good site for
some polaris tips.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
dano said:
Especially on your RMK 800 you should. DO that and mes with the c clip (no less than #2 from the top position, the number one will be too lean) and make sure you got the right jets for the right temps, play with the air screw and your 800 will be reall nice with only 40 bucks invested. good luck man

dano

by the way i dont have a RMK800 its my dream sled lol i have a little 340

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you google " Polaris Boost Bottle" you will find the SLP site with a good description of how they work and even a .pdf page with complete installation instructions. I have pretty much decided to buy one for my 02 600 xc. Can't see what diference Mikuni or kiehen carbs make if the symptoms are the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts