Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the bogie(or however u spell it) wheels should be greased regularly all winter or just once and a while on my elan?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they have fittings, i was just wondering if it was a start of the season thing, or every week thing.

thanks for the reply, i wouldn't get much info if it weren't for u smallengineguy.(not sayin everybody else doesn't give good advice)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
make sure that you use a waterproof, low temp. grease.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
my friend has a 1973 skidoo elan 250 just like yours. i love them because when u get them stuck u can just pick them up and move them. He never greases his bogies and they always work fine. He gave me a sled for a extra wankel rotary engine i had. I have a 1973 skidoo elan 300cc! it has slider suspension off a different sled! if you need a parts sled or even just parts my frend has a vintage snowmobile graveyard! ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sounds like an awsome place, i'd love to go there if it weren't so far away.

I want to put sliders in from another sled but the guy that owns the rusted sled they're on won't let anyone touch the sled, so i hear. I'm going to look into it as next summers projest though.

I'm hoping it'll be super easy to lift out of messes i probly shouldn't have been in, in the first place.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have an idler thats loose right now. guess i gotta throw a new bearing in that one and tighten her down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts