Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sn0pro7
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am pretty much lost now. I have an 01 mxz 600. the sled idles just fine but as you press the throttle it will begin to move forward and then bog down. i will allow it to again idle and then try again and it will just bog down again. but, if i pump the throttle it will go until the rpms get pretty high and then bog down again. i can not open up the sled down the trail without it bogging. From what people have told me, it is most likely the carbs. the problem is that i have cleaned the carbs 3 times now! they are spotless. i then guessed it was bad fuel. i drained all the fuel and replaced it the fresh gas. the spark plugs are new. same result. i have no clue what is going on, any ideas? i did mess with the air mixture screw on carbs. the sled does have a brand new track i put on this summer, but it is not too tight so i dont see how it would effect anything.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Sounds like your starving for fuel. Check fuel pump and needle and seats in carbs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not sure if the "problem" I just had with my 00' MXZ 600 - sounding just like your issue - turned out to be the tethered kill switch. If it ain't on there the way it is supposed to be it will give you idle but not much more. Check if that little red key light on your dash board is flashing... Solved my issue. I"M RIDIN' NOW BABY.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Go through your whole fuel system and make sure nothing is clogged or restricted. Check out your fuel pump and fuel filters for sure!

·
Sn0pro7
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if the "problem" I just had with my 00' MXZ 600 - sounding just like your issue - turned out to be the tethered kill switch. If it ain't on there the way it is supposed to be it will give you idle but not much more. Check if that little red key light on your dash board is flashing... Solved my issue. I"M RIDIN' NOW BABY.
i wish it was the tether cord! that would be an easy fix, but no i did check that and the security light in the dash is not going off. i guess it has to be clogging lines, fuel filter, or the pump. i will check them out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts