Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I last rode my sled on sunday and its now thursday....It ran perfect. It leaks gas so it ran out of gas while sitting in my yard. I put some in (premixed) today and tried to start it. On the first pull it feels like normal. 2nd pull it locks up compltely. 3rd pull it comes out a bit and locks up. then it repeats.

What would cause this?

Also After an hour of letting it sit i came back with a friend and we tried pourin a bit of gas down into the spark plugs and turned it over and nothin happened. After a few pulls we put it at wide open and i pulled it and the rope snapped and it went back into the recoil....What now?

It is a 2003 440 sno pro l/c.

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
pull the engine you have some work to do

are you running premix pump gas

·
Registered
794 Posts
You say it leaks gas? I would bet you are hydro locking that leaking gas is also leaking into the motor and filling it with fuel. I dont work on cats much but maybe someone else on here can tell you if that motor has a case drain so you can try and get all the fuel out of the motor. this just happened to my buddies thundercat and his was a real pita to get drained and back up and running.

·
Premium Member
2,227 Posts
you say it leaks gas? I would bet you are hydro locking that leaking gas is also leaking into the motor and filling it with fuel. I dont work on cats much but maybe someone else on here can tell you if that motor has a case drain so you can try and get all the fuel out of the motor. This just happened to my buddies thundercat and his was a real pita to get drained and back up and running.
^^^x2

Once you get the recoil fixed, pull the plugs and crank the engine to see if gas squirts out. Keep the kill switch off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did that last night and pulled it over 4 times and it squirted out gas every time and it wasn't locking up when i pulled it...is that bad or good, and how do i fix it?

i went out today and i was able to turn the primary clutch and the pistons both moved good, and it sounded like the rings were good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i'll try that once i get the recoil fixed. What would cause it to hydrolock?

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
too much gas getting in

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the recoil..somewhat but it turns over. Pulled it until it was a light mist and it fired up. Rode it good with a friend, 2up'd catwalk straight up and down and we both fell off lol. good times. thanks for the help guys. I just smacked the floatbowls on the carbs, on monday i'll be bringing it in my power mechanics class and take them off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts