Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i postred earlier this week about an electrecal problem but i guess that is the least of my worries now cuse i just fried my moter i have a question i brought the cylinders to be bored and the guy told me that the are made of a special material called nicosal or somthing liek taht and they cannot be bored out i was just wondering if there was any truth to this at all. it is a 1997 mxz 440 lc it appers that the magneto side leaned out ruined the whole top end . any advice on the situation would be great . has anyone had any experiance with these motors:confused: :confused:

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Some cylinders are Nickasil coated, and indeed can not be bored, at least without recoating them. About $250 per cylinder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i guese im down to resleeving it now its the chepest way that i can see getting out of this. the guy that said they could not be bored told me that he could polish them so he did and it still has considerable groves in it he told me i could run it liek that but hes kind of a dub and i dunno if its a good idea. also when i pulled the head off the bad cylinder the top of the piston looked brand new no carbon at all it was shiny i thought that was wierd but im guessing it is because of it leaning out.........? thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts