Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i had to take my rev 500ss in for service because it kept fouling plugs about every 20 miles (pretty expensive plugs at that) and after aboput 3 sets of them i decided to take it in and see whats up well it appears i have a blown crank seal. now my question is would that make plugs foul out? it was the clutch side seal that blew and it was the clutch side plug that kept fouling (i think). should i have them look further into it? maybe check the carbs?

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
a blown seal will cause lean symptoms, fouled plugs would be poor jetting to much oil or weak spark

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Where one of your plugs gray or white? Then Yes the seal, black, wet, and oillly, would be oil pump setting, rich jetting, or low compression!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well we found the problem instead of the guy i bought it from replacing the bad pto side seal he put a bunch of grease behind the seal and pounded the seal back into place thinking it would hold...definitly would of liked to know that before i bought it that could of turned into a huge disaster. but the reason for the fouled plugs is the grease he put in there is shooting up into the cylinder

gotta love craigslist!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts