Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up today for $80, its got a 503 but someone already put cooling panels for a liquid cooled engine in it.I started swapping in a 583 from a 90 mach1 tonight, everything was going good until my grinder went up in smoke.

Got a 12 pack of bud for (de)motivation :)

Judging by the color scheme this sled may have came in a Happy Meal.

503 out!

503 and 583, I was test fitting the engine plate.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was modifying the engine plate when my grinder went up in smoke.

More updates tomorrow after i get a new grinder :)

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made some good progress tonight, had to cut a piece out of the engine plate for one of the cooling hoses on the 583.Everythings coming along good, i have a small list of things i need to buy once im not snowed in.

Test fitting the engine, all good :)

Engine bolted in, pullcord, primer, etc hooked up.

Installed the tach.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got some more work done tonight, cooling system mocked up, fuel system installed, speedometer, kill switch, dimmer, ignition, and tether switch installed.This is going together so easy its scary! I thought i was going to have to buy some rad hose but just had to switch 2 and ive gotta cut one up a bit.

Hardest part looks to be mounting the oil tank and connecting the manifold to the blizzard muffler.Im hoping to have the sled running tomorrow :D

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So i painted her tonight, fabbed my oil tank bracket,made a bracket for the cdi box, got the coolers flushed, found out theres a little ice in the oil pump which is why it seemed like the return spring went.Need to buy more elbows and cut up and re-route a cooling hose.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks cool in flat black:thumbsup:
Thanks i think it needs some stickers lol I got a few more things done tonight and ordered a set of ski skins for her.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
coming along nice jealous wish i had the time for a self project
but hey its snowing
Thanks man, finished the cooling system lastnight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
stickers or no stickers:confused: i understand removed the decals on my sled & it looked cool but decided to go with new decals. what year is your blizzard ?:dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
well it looks like its going to be a cool looking sled :thumbsup: like something out of an old james bond movie. considering painting my 91 mx flat black when i redo it (thats the colour my wife picked to believe it or not).

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it looks like its going to be a cool looking sled :thumbsup: like something out of an old james bond movie. considering painting my 91 mx flat black when i redo it (thats the colour my wife picked to believe it or not).
It needs side mounted Gatling guns :D I went with flat black because it makes just about anything look nice and hides all the imperfections, plus its and old sled so i didnt need anything fancy.Your wife made a good choice! I dont think theres too many sleds that wouldnt look nice in this color.

Im going to pickup another can of paint to add a few more coats before the stickers go on.So far ive got a monster energy sticker picked out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the guns would be cool but you'd scare the crap out of the guy infront of you coming down the trail :eek: my wife wants an old 50's or 60's pickup in flat black & thinks the sled should match. she also has a helmut thats flat black with purple butterfly stickers on it:dunno: she says the sled should to :eek: i don't think the butterflys will make it on there but maybe some purple pinstriped flames :cool:

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Had it around the yard today, not much power in it but i suppose its running extremely lean with no muffler.Suspension is trashed so as a summer project i'll be dropping the skid and putting in new springs,bushings,gas shock,sliders, etc. and getting a seat cover.Also needs new spindle bushings and a few odds and ends.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts