Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I've always said that, in order to be licensed to operate an auto, everyone should be required to spend a certain number of hours / miles on the back of a motorcycle. Only then can you appreciate the situation and be more responsible behind the wheel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Haha that was funny. I will say though that it goes both ways. Maybe it's just around my area, but we get a lot of immature and dangerous motorcycle drivers that go super fast and cut people off, etc. That always irritates me that they pull those stunts but then complain that cars don't watch out for them. Goes both ways in my opinion

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Haha that was funny. I will say though that it goes both ways. Maybe it's just around my area, but we get a lot of immature and dangerous motorcycle drivers that go super fast and cut people off, etc. That always irritates me that they pull those stunts but then complain that cars don't watch out for them. Goes both ways in my opinion
Most states now require a motorcycle safety course to get your license. It helps a little, but you always have those people that think it's ok to do 100MPH on the highway doing a wheelie. What most riders don't realize is that, regardless of how "in control" they are or are not, their actions startle many auto drivers and cause accidents.

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,136 Posts
I agree, it goes both ways. The motorcyclists don't realize what a small profile they have and can be very difficult to see. They're basically high powered bicycles for the most part. I think they all should be required to have those flashing headlights. It makes a "huge" difference seeing them. I see some guys wear blaze orange or chartreuse. Again, very visible. Riders need to do their part to be as visible as possible.

The NY deal was ridiculous. And to think there were off duty cops in the bunch who did nothing.

ps. I used to ride for many years in the big city and up north. I was more afraid of a deer blindsiding me than a car...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Not all New York bikers are like that. We have some really great people doing toy runs to make Christmas possible for underprivileged children and all kinds of fundraising poker runs for vets, breast cancer, etc. Unfortunately it's always the bad news that makes the national headlines.

Sent from my MB865 using Snowmobile.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts