Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an $8400.00 Ski-Doo 600SDI Renegade X (2004). It was purchased 11-28-04. My sled has 150 miles. It has been towed out of the woods twice. I has been at the dealers for 2 weeks now because Bombardier does not make the parts that the dealer needs to try to get it going again. This is my 3rd time at the dealer. ( I had left it with him 2 times previous to these past 2 weeks as well. It seems to me that if you are going to WARRENTY something, .. you should carry some replacements for defective parts. I contacted BOMBARDIER to ask if there was something they could do for me in light of the fact that it may be March before I recieve the defective sled. They offered me $100 dollars in Ski-Doo accessories. I think I would rather have $100.00 in Polaris accessories because I don't plan on owning a Bombardier product ever again. They were, cold, inconsiderate and flippant with me. And I was entirely polite and patient with them. I plan on posting this warning on as many sites as possible in order to save people the months of hassle and expense that I have just recently incurred. Thanks for reading. Good luck to you all.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Is it Bombardier giving you the runaround, or your dealer? I own John Deere garden equip, my local dealer is a Dick, but the next dealer bends over backwards to help me. You might want to stop by another dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
sounds like a dealer issue to me too. try another dealer they will all honor warrenty issues.

good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
well, my dad has an 04 renegade x 600 sdi he has no problems with it. BUT, when there is a problem with bombardier products, i agree, bombardier themselves do not seem interested in helping. i have to say, our dealer bends over backwards for us, most of the time, but in alot of cercomstances, its the manufacturer who has to come threw for you.

there are lemon laws in canada and the U.S., i have just gone threw some of the stuff over a truck that we have.

the laws in canada say that if a problem is not able to be corrected by the manufacturer in a reasonable amount of time, in a reasonable amount of visits, you may be entitled to be reimbursed or have your vehicle replaced. i would look up your local lemon laws (over the internet) become informed, call bombardier and tell them that if you are not satisfied within this telephone call the next call would be to your lawer. in alot of cases i have read about, 500$ in lawers fees got people new cars or trucks. sleds are by law a motor vehicle and all the same laws should apply.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Usualy its the dealers fault.... when they say "inspection 160 dollars" or however much it is... its really they put it on the stand and look at it. and thats it, they doint fix it one bit...

·
Registered
15 Posts
$100 isn't much in parts at all man. It's nothing!

-Jed

·
Registered
46 Posts
i too am getting the run around from Bombardier with my sleds repair. Apparently, because THEY couldnt put the correct counter weight on the crank from the get go, and because i dont put on a pile of mileage a year, its not their problem, which, in my opinion is total BS. any ideas on who to complain to other than the BBB, ivce already filed a complaint through them, we'll see if they can do anything for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts