Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best way you of making a small to middle sized jump just in the yard. Would it be a good idea to take some wood and make a jump and then just wait till the snow covers it? What other ways have u guys made jumps if any?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
daktruckie99 said:
I usually put together a healthy sized pile of snow with a nice lip on it so I get height, then I smooth it out, let it freeze that week, then its good for jumps all winter :D How far I want to go depends on how fast I go into it
thats how i make them too^^

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be sure to build a landing too. Give yourself a decnet sized gap and then build another mound of snow. Make it more of a flat top and then slope off on end for quite a ways. Water down the snow during the day to let it freeze and then it wont rut out as much when you jump it. For the take off, make sure the face of the jump is longer than your sled or else the back of the sled will kick and send you over the bars. Make the lip of the jump as steep as you want but just so you can make it over the gap.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Plow the snow from your driveway up against your neighbors car...

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Dude this thread is OLD!

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
I use my tractor. I've made jumps for my son's for their dirt bikes also.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i just hit natural jumps... hills, drfits, the pil of snow on the other side of the street though that one calls for rapid acceleration, because i stop to look for cars.

i guess a bobcat would be useful too.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Right now in NY I think you would have a hard time finding enough snow to build a jump.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oh, its comin.... its comin

·
Registered
282 Posts
ok, maybe its not........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Put a new ski doo engine in an old olympic and floor it over some of the trails in penn, you won't just jump, you'll fly, right off the sled....

·
Registered
282 Posts
lol, ill stick with a newer sleds suspension.... id rather stay on my sled.... but it would be pretty funny to watch. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts