Snowmobile Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
The 800's and 900's and 1000's fore sure have the "highest holy crap factor", Seems to me that the higher the displacement, the less time you have before a rebuild.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ok, found a triple that I'm interested in. It's a 99 yamaha vmax 600 dx. two up touring sled. Has about 16000 km on it with a year old dealer done rebuild. What do you guys think of this sled? The 2 up suits my family needs and the 3 in a row should make it go. Anyone ever seen or have experience with one of these?

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
Its a good sled as long as it has been maintained. The 600 triple isn't the biggest HP maker, only about 110hp, but it is reliable. There are performance mods you can do fairly easily however, if you feel like you want more cheap power down the road.

I would check to see what was done to the motor, check the compression, and all of the usual items. Check over the suspension for any damage or excessive wear. At that mileage some bushings and bearings may need replacing, if it hasn't been done before.

While you are checking the suspension, look at the shocks. If they are aluminum bodied, they are rebuildable and ride much better than the steel bodied non-rebuildable. One of the biggest differences is the step type adjuster on the steel bodied, and the threaded adjuster on the aluminum bodied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
8 years late to say who the heck asks "does Ski-doo make a triple?" O boy. All in good fun, but yes they did and they made plenty of great triples. I currently still own a 1997 Formula 111 and I'll tell you, it has its own personality but once its dialed in it is a beast! Still stock pipes but there is no need for a change. The triple sound from that sled gets heads turning. Purple Screamer!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts