Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have been riding for roughly 10 years. I started on a 98 Arctic cat 600 powder special with a 136" track but as a newbie I found it to big and heavy so I switched to a ACat F5 short track. Well that wasn't what I wanted either cause in the powder all it did was spin. It was next to imposible to carve or sidehill with (for me anyway) cause it would just spin out and mountain riding was out of the question. Man was it ever fun to jump though!! So now I have an 05' M8 snowpro with a 153" track. (tryin to keep up with the boyz ;o) The handling on this machine is awesome, but I am back to the too big and heavy again!! I love this machine, but I power out quick when I ride it, and when I lay it down I can barely get it back up again (towards the end of the ride I can't)

So my question far all of you is...what would you recomend for a girl?? I think I should be looking at a crossover sled so I can still have fun ditch bangin, but I can boondock in the mountains too. I tried climbing a bit but I prefer just screwing around at the bottom in the powder. I have only ever ridden Arctic Cat, but I am totally willing to switch. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome. I am not sure if you like the new style chasis like the rev and the iq but if you do i would look for a renegade 600. Also, for Polaris you have the switchback 600s. I think a 600-700 would be a great size because they are light and pack a good punch. The 600 is probably polaris' best engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the input. I have been looking at the renegade and the switchback online and they seem pretty evenly matched so I guess all that is left is to try them out. I have never tried a Polaris and the only Doo I have ridden was an 800 summit. I am planning a trip to Revy in Feb so Im thinkin I should just rent a sled so I can actually try it out before I buy this time. And yes some extra time on the treadmill and bowflex wouldn't hurt either ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.