Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I, brother and his wife were planning sledding trip in the black hills of SD in a few weeks...BUT no snow.

Never been sledding in MN...anyone have a recommendation for a place that rents sleds for a reasonable rate, provides lodging and has snow? With 20,000 + miles of trail I have no idea where to start looking for the best trails and rental locations.

Would very much appreciate help as we only have a few weeks to come up with a plan B...THANK YOU!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am not sure of exact lodges and rental outfits, but along the north shore from Duluth on up has plenty of snow and the trail system is well maintained and well marked. I would Google snowmobile rental/lodging in Duluth MN, See what comes up. Good luck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Beaver Bay Sports, right on 61 (North Shore Highway) rents sleds, and is right along the North Shore trail, just about every town along there has a rental spot. I have stayed at the AmericInn in Silver Bay, they let you park your sled in the back lot, and have trail access right from the parking lot, no trailers once you get there. You can call them for trail conditions, dont know if they have snow right now, havent been up that way for a while.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info...thanks for posting. Checked the snow and not real great at this time. Certainly a shortage of good snow this year all over the north.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts