Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best mountain sled is .......................... A Skandic SWT ........ 24" wide track by 156" long. These things will go where no other "mountain" will touch.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yeah, they can go anywheres in the powder, but i dont think it could climb a mountain like an 800 RMK can

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
im thinking exactly what strokez and dano are

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
LOL, that I would like to see!!! im going to say the AC 1M just because im green, but other than that I agree with the above, those RMK800s are out of control!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Summit

Ya the summits are really nice i own 3 of them and when i've raced Hillcross i havent made 1st 3 times out of 30 races..... The Moutain Cats around here never keep up and the RMK's are a good sled but havent won when i'm racing

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
the polaris will beat the skandic 500. the summit is horrible unless it's on a mountain. on a regular trail, the skis come up too easily.

and for those wondering what i mean when i say VIC trip, i mean Very Important Customer. Skidoo puts it on. certain dealers select like 3 of their important riders to go on a free trip up in lansing, Michigan. you get to test out the '04's...last year! that's how i know about the summit.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
SURE THE REV SUMMIT AND THR RMX IS GOING TO KICK THE SCANDIC'S A$$ UP THE THE HILL, BUT THE SCANDIC WILL BE THE ONE BRINGING THEM HOME WHEN THEY SHIT, SCANDIC WASN'T BUILT FOR SPEED, WAS BUILT FOR FLOATATION, WILL GO ANY WHERE THOSE OTHER SLEDS WILL GO JUST A LITTLE SLOWER.

·
Registered
16 Posts
maybe they can go up the mountain and be great all around work horses too but hey they have too be fun and also the skandics have a style to them similar to my grandpas old SCORPION!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have noticed that RMK's, just as any other mountain sled, are getting lighter every year. I have a 99 700 RMK and a 01 700 RMK. My older one is definitely more comfortable on the trail. My newer one is more stable, but I feel each and every bump on the trail. It climbs way better than my old one though...

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
the skandics are work horses. theyre cheap, light and powerful. they just dont have the looks. but i dont think there will be a skandic-rev for awhile... and im fine with that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a '99 700 rmk and a '01 700 rmk. I think that the '99 model is much better for trail riding...the newer the model, the lighter the sled...the bumpier the ride for ya. The '01 model is definitely better for climbing mountains though...but for long trail rides, I ride my '99 rmk.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
thats what i dont get... the new mountain sleds are almost JUST FOR mountain riding. youd think wed be able to get a great sled on trails and uphill.well, ok theres the renegade, btu it catn climb like a summit can it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i hav a switchback and it is a pretty good trail sled except for a little push in the corner. i dont know about how a 2" lug track is as a trail sled.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got a '99 700 rmk and a '01 700 rmk. I think that the '99 model is much better for trail riding...the newer the model, the lighter the sled...the bumpier the ride for ya. The '01 model is definitely better for climbing mountains though...but for long trail rides, I ride my '99 rmk.

i have a 99 rmk 700 and im putting a 156 on it!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts