Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently disabled my engine oil pump and am going to start mixing my own oil and gas. I was just wondering if anyone knew if I should go with a mixture of 40 to 1 or 25 to 1.
I have a 84 INDY 600
Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's nice to know the engine will always be getting some oil! I always worry my pump or oil lines will break and I won't know until it's too late.

·
Registered
205 Posts
still seems like a real pain-in-the-ass to shake a 5-gallon can around a few times every time u stop for gas. but, 40:1 sounds about right, i'm not quite sure tho, the only sled i've ever had to mix the gas in was, like, a 71 panther.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I disconnected the oiler is I had to replace a cylinder and the hole for the oil check vavle was not bored out. And I am tired of paying the dealers for over priced parts, ( $40.00 ) for a small valve made me sick.
I dont plan on haveing this sled much longer as I am soon going to have it up for sale and going to a newer sled.
I thought that 40 to 1 was a good ratio and would rather have to much oil than not enough.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
im running 40:1 on my 88 600. 32:1 was a bit rich on oil, id still burn quite a bit, and at 24:1 i was fouling plugs if i wasnt on the throttle real heavy. Best of luck to ya with your sled.
later
nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts