Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought on '05 F7 EFI SNO-PRO and they said with the length of studs I need due to the sno pro track I need these taller nuts to prevent bending. Any issues with these?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the same sled, I heard the same thing....was just to lazy to put the taller nuts on.

Its true cause I have been bending studs.

Get the taller nuts.

I love that sled, it rips

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
no they are the best thing ever, I have them on my sled with 1.87 lenth studs and every one is straight. also a double backer pattren is real good. the are no more difficult to install than normal nuts, its nice to have a cordless drill and severl batteries on hand.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Studs should be just a little bit longer than the high parts on the track

·
Registered
56 Posts
go with the taller nuts my friends 05 F7 SP has the regular nuts on it and he has many snapped studs

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just wanted to make sure they weren't jerkin me, sounded legit, but just checkin. We are havin a slight melt down this week and weekend, then it will drop so then I will give a review, i have only been able to spend like 10min on her :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Studding an '05 Sno-Pro...

I am curious as to how many studs you '05 F7 sno-pro riders are using. I know the track is narrower than the previous generation of sleds (13.5" vs 15", I believe) and I am wondering if that smaller width affects the number of studs used in this application. Also, I am considering getting an '05 F5 sno-pro (supposedly it has the same 1.375" deep 'paddle' track as the other (F6, F7) sno-pro models) and I am wondering what would be the reccomended number of studs for that sled ('05 F5 sno-pro). Have the studding patterns changed as a result of the narrower track? Thanks in advance for any info; I'm brand new to these Firecats (riding an '03 ZL600 EFI right now). I am currently using 120 Woody's Gold Diggers with AL backs on my ZL and am quite satisfied.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
cats have a few more lugs on the track, regular 121/ 15 or 14 have 48 lugs. I am not sure how many the 128s have but there are more lugs on them. 96 should be enough, I would not recomend putting studs outside the rails.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts