Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
ok this may sound silly but i have a heck of a time removing and installing my belt on my 05 sabercat 700, is there a tool that would help with this? i grab my belts on the 580's i have and they come right off, this one is a PITA....
thanks!! :confused:

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
I had a tough time taking off the belt on my 98 zrt 600 untill I figured out how easy is it to remove the belt. Turn the secondary clutch clockwise and pull on the belt towards you while you turn the clutch. The belt should start to come off the clutch when you turn the clutch clockwise a few turns. My ZRT belt removes on the directions I just gave you and I hope it helps you on your cat.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not sure if your secondary is the same as my crossfire but i just set the parking brake and get my wrench out and take the bolt out like i was going to take the seconday off.. Then i pull that aluminum jobber-dew out of the end of the clutch and flip it around and put the bolt back in and tighten it back up.. Doing that opens the clutch and i can take the belt off..

JT

·
Registered
303 Posts
I hope pics help..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope pics help..
i knew there was an easier way, THANKS A BUNCH!!! my damn knuckles are sore, LMAO:thumbsup: :thumbsup::D

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Buff the pully

Take a Green 3M scrubbing pad and buff every where the Drive belt contacts on both the Primary and Clutch side while you have easy access.... will prevent problems later.....

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks also, i did get a piece of that, so i can do that when i get my new belt. im getting a new belt , is the arctic cat belts still the best!!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Belts

Change mine at the start of every season and still carry a spare....... we hit some remote areas. Have been real happy with Gates reasonably priced and there available at most online stores.

·
Registered
1 Posts
06 crossfire

I have a 06 crossfire and want to know if those methods of removing the belt would work on mine. Only ask cause the bolt on the secondary doesnt look like it has a shime/spacer.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the bolt thing doesnt work on my 05 sabrecat, but locking the park brake, and pulling up on the belt does loosen it enough to get it off.

·
Registered
26,123 Posts
Try taking a small piece of belt and pull up on the belt and push in on the piece of belt. Pushing the piece of belt in will leave the seaves open and you can leave it in there till you get other belt on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts