Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently just bought a sled its a 1996 polaris xcr 600 chassis with a 1997 xcr 700 motor, hood, seat, etc etc etc anyway when the sled idle's down it creeps forward like if the clutch were sticking which its not so im guessing its got the wrong belt. but how do i find out how to get the right one with 2 different setups?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
should be the same.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
what kind of belt do you have on it now and the numbers?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yes they should be. they have the same primary a secondary clutches and all that good stuff. my sons 85 400 takes the same as my wifes 98 xcf 440 and my 92 500

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
the xcr's were different tho a friend of mine has one and it takes a different belt than my xlt and theyre the same year I'd say check the #'s and see if the 600 and 700 take the same and go from there

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
and also on your secondary clutch check the adjustment on it.... on the outer face there are three bolts loosen them a bit and turn the rear sheave as if you were taking the belt off we had to do this on my friends also it spaces the sheaves apart with a new belt it should be set a #5 hope this helps

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i didn't see a 97 xcr 700 when i looked for a belt number. you sure it is a 97 700?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and also on your secondary clutch check the adjustment on it.... on the outer face there are three bolts loosen them a bit and turn the rear sheave as if you were taking the belt off we had to do this on my friends also it spaces the sheaves apart with a new belt it should be set a #5 hope this helps

dude thats exactly right my belt sits to high in the secondary which is not giving it that slack and its catching the primary, thanks dude so much

1 - 10 of 10 Posts