Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently just bought a sled its a 1996 polaris xcr 600 chassis with a 1997 xcr 700 motor, hood, seat, etc etc etc anyway when the sled idle's down it creeps forward like if the clutch were sticking which its not so im guessing its got the wrong belt. but how do i find out how to get the right one with 2 different setups?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Go to your local snowmobile parts store, they will give you the right belt, or tell you if its the right one. Belt might be too small and tight

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hey i figured it out but i dont know how to adjust the secondary clutch, ive got the right belt but its wider then the old one and it sticks above the rim around the secondary and i know its suppose to be sunk in???
nope... its actually SUPPOSED to stick out a little bit, how much depends on model. Its wider than your old one because the old one was wore out. You may have to adjust your secondary for proper engagement. (you are supposed to adjust the secondary as the belt wears down)

·
Registered
315 Posts
you need to put a straight edge across your belt from clutch to clutch and measure what they call belt deflection (normally around an inch and quarter) its different from sled to sled . manufacture has a spec, for it usually , its adjusted on the secondary clutch (driven) , the older ones had to be taken apart and shimmed the newer ones has three small bolts to adjust them .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts