Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a weekend trip up north this weekend...Rode Mt. Baker Saturday and drove to Bear Paw on Sunday.

here are some pics of both...vids will follow in the TNE Episode 2 :cheeky4:

Attachments

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more...

Attachments

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey, thanks dude!:thumbsup:

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BC - it was...I've wanted to ride bear paw since ive moved out here and finally got to. it was everything i thought it would be and more.

on our way back in we finally ran across a few sledders..come to find out they were techs setting up a few demo sleds. the sleds they were setting up were turbo M1000's running 10lbs/boost on avv gas.

knowing this, i wanted to see what they actually had under the hood. needless to say, on our run up the hill they passed me like i was standing still...friggin sled was retarded fast. they asked me if i wanted to ride and i politely declined. no way i wanted to get on top of a TM1000 - fear of wecking, possibly...but more so the dissapointment id have to get on my M8 for the rest of the day...sort of like getting the chance to bang a super model then realizing you get to go home to your average wife/girlfriend.

but what really sucks is the fact i was caught in an avvy on saturday. about a 200'x75'x18" slab broke loose when i was side hilling and i slid down the face about 200'. there was about 60' of the slab above me and and i got partially burried with the sled. my buddies below scattered like flies and went around to higher ground...it sucked getting out though. luckily i didnt pull my ABS bag - cuz i didnt think it was going to be that bad when i was riding it down.

ive got some pics that i'll post after my buddy emials them to me. didnt really want to bust out the camera and take pics after i pooped my pants..i just wanted to get off the hill.

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
Can't believe you passed on the oppertunity to ride a turbo'd sled.glad your ok.
AVV gas??

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Revvy - yeah it was! thanks dude

'97 - avv gas = avation fuel (110 octane). dude, its sooooo retardly fast i just knew id have to duct tape my hands to the bars. and the hill we were climing was steep in the middle and i didnt want the sled comming back over on me...when he was going up the skis were 5' off the ground - THE WHOLE WAY!!

·
sledhead for life
570 Posts
oh, ok.i get it.better safe than sorry.

·
Registered Nut
33 Posts
Revvy - yeah it was! thanks dude

'97 - avv gas = avation fuel (110 octane). dude, its sooooo retardly fast i just knew id have to duct tape my hands to the bars. and the hill we were climing was steep in the middle and i didnt want the sled comming back over on me...when he was going up the skis were 5' off the ground - THE WHOLE WAY!!
No way I would have passed. :laugh: I would justify that statement by saying there is a throttle to back off of. That would be the theory anyway. I know it would be pinned and I would have killed myself.... But I woulda been smilling going out.. :D

good choice declining. My wife would kill me if that happened!!

Nice pics also.

K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts