Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....I just got an indy storm.....96....and wanna know the basics to setting up a suspension. It sits really low and I wanna maximize my travel, while retaining a good ride. But just in the limitting straps alone...what positions do what?? I've heard if you loosen the front right off, you can do walks real easy, but you will have a hard time steering. I'm just looking for a basic how to regarding suspension setup...anyone help???

TIA

·
Registered
711 Posts
well your ride and sag are adjusted by the rear springs. if you look at them you will see an adjustment block. Medium low high. i would not dork with the limiter strap on that sled. We do it on mountain sleds to lessen the angle the track hits the powder thus increasing climb ability and general powder riding. Lets you get on top of the powder. You sled was made to be low and fast, which it does very well. You best option is to dork with the springs and see what works for you and this way you will be able to stear. Put it on low and you will get the skis off the ground but you may bottom out more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
next thing...if the rear spring is 'tired'...can I put a new one on without dropping the whole skid?? Reason I ask is beacause I've never dropped a skid before...and the part that looks tricky to me, is removing the driveshaft / jack shaft...plus it's -20 celcius here today and I'd rather be outside working on this thing as minimal as possible!

any sites you can direct me too, aslo in terms of basic sled maint. would be real handy in this regards.

·
four gear pinned
1,991 Posts
you can get the rear springs out buy taking out the two rear bolts on the skid.it is very easy to do but you might want to take the sled in were it is warm. b/c it is not easy to get the bolts to line up with the holes again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts