Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AOL IM: Yuenlging 1013
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everone, I'm a new to snowmobiles and need to know the basic on maintaning a sled and just basic things to keep a sled running for a long time. Does anyone have links to a good site with write ups. Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
183 Posts
You're at the site for what you are looking for, keep your clutches clean, change your gear lube regularly, track tension, good condition belt, use a high quality oil and clean'er up and check it over when done riding ( because snowmobiles have feelings too ). I'm sure others will have additional comments for you. shane

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Also, grease all the fittings on the front/rear suspensions. Check idler wheels and slides for major wear. Keep oil/fuel tanks full if possible (full=no room for moisture to get in). Check drive belt for significant wear, as well as check tension on the drive chain, as well as chaincase oil level. Change any fuel/oil injection filters yearly, check all lights and switches and repair/replace any that need it. General maintenance goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
DITTO ON WHAT THE OTHERGUYS HAVE SAID, WITH GOOD MAINTENCE YOU WILL BE RIDING WHILE OTHERS ARE FIXIN'
ALSO DESPITE WHAT YOU HEAR, OR READ WHEN YOU START
MESSIN' WITH YOUR ENGINE, EX. PIPES, CANS OR ANY OTHER MODS, THE REALIABILTY OF YOUR SLED GOES DOWN,SURE IT WILL MAKE A DIFF IN POWER BUT FOR HOW LONG. I LEAVE THEM STOCK AND MAINTAIN THEM AND CAN GO ALL SEASON WITH NO
DOWN TIME:D

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree MXZ 800.

The pipes and aftermarket parts are just trouble. STOCK is the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts