Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can only get my sled to start if i put gas in the cylinder and thne i have to keep it pinned to keep it running, and this was all after we had a cheep mechanic put a new speedo in and look at the idle, came back running worst than before. thinking it might be the fuel pump. any ideas?

·
118 Posts
I'd call the mechanic back and OPEN UP A CAN OF WHOOP A.. nah I'd ask him what he did exactly, but the carbs could be clogged or he may have put something back together wrong.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we talked to him in his shop, he claimed it was stale gas and we brought it back and said we would call him if we had any probs and he doesnt pick up after 3 times calling him

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had it running fine a week before we got it there i just put a throttle extender on and it idled high so when he was fixing the speedo i had him put down the idle and now wont start and runs awful need to keep the choke on to keep it running and have the throttle pinned

·
Vintage Sled Pilot
533 Posts
Sounds to melike you need to clean the carbs. I would pay extra attention to the pilot jets and the needle and seat. Then I would go back to that mechanic and .... well all I can say is I'm not as good as I once was.... Anyhow, clean those carbs!!

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Throttle cable is likely too tight. It is not allowing the TSS to function correctly.
There should be 1/8" of clearance between the throttle lever and the block when closed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i cleaned the carbs, and i can get it to run. but there is no power behind it at all, it wont move in 2 feet of snow just sitts there thorttle pinned only at 5k rpm and wont move

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Clean the carbs and run a piece of stranded wire threw the pilot jet ( up in the tube) Then sand down the clutches and blow them off real good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts