Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I cold start my 1996 Mach-Z. I use full choke it takes 3-4 pulls to start. Then I quickly go to 1/2 choke for a short time, then no choke. Total warm up time maybe one miniute. I try to start real easy until engine warms up. I,ve had some slight poping or backfiring when starting out, when engine warms up it runs reel good. :) My plugs look good, I'm runing 10's gaped at .020. I had 9's in it and it did not backfire. The 9's looked hot, but they were gaped to .030. Any ideas? The manual says to use 10's, but my fuel is only 90 oct. I can get 100LL and blend 50/50 or 40/60 and see what that does.;)

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
i know i just bought my 99 zr with 9's in it, i run 91 octane fuel all of the time and the book says that the stock plug is a 10, but right now it runs really well without any problems. If you were running better with the 9's why not go back to them? Might take a little fiddlin to get em just right. i don't know thats up to you, a 10 plug is hotter right?

·
got snow?
93 Posts
A 10 is colder than a 9 higher the number the colder the plug is lower hotter:D

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
oh thanks, i know i read it somewhere but dam**d if i could remember which way it went.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts