Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all, I have read many posts on backfiring, but I'm sure there is more information. I know that if the fuel builds up in the exhaust pipe and goes BOOM.. then there is too much fuel entering the system.

But what can cause that problem ?? I can't for the life of me get rid of my backfires so I'm looking for anyone/everyone that had found a solution to a backfire problem to post it here...

Thanks, and If I can get rid of my problem I will be forever thankful, and may even send you a Christmas card...

Jeff

·
Registered
615 Posts
what kind of sled is it.if it a non ves 6 or 700 its normal they all do it.good fix is put mikuni carbs on it.sometimes a boost bootle helps a little but it will still do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it's an 2000 XC600 SP.

For the purpose of the post I didn't think the type of sled was important. I was really just looking for any information on backfires. Then take that information and compile it into a helpful post. Truth is I don't see many posts related to backfires being solved....because the original poster doesn't alway come back to tell us how they fixed it. I fought a backfire problem for a week and it could have been fixed overnight, had I know a small bit of imformation. In my case the crankcase had a whole bunch of gas and water sitting in it. After I drained the crankcase, the sled ran a whole lot better.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts