Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a used '01 800 XC that I picked up for a pretty good price. it has delta2 reeds, SLP twin pipes, Cheater heads, Comet clutch, 40 mains, and 540 fuels. two problems I am having that I have found are; it is blowing belts, boo bad news, so I am junking the crap comet clutch and getting a new OEM P-85 to put back on it. we couldn't do a compression test in cylinder 1 because it wouldnt hold the fluid, so I tore the engine out and will be tearing it down to see if it needs new pistons/rings or needs the cylinders redone. My question is this, now that I have the engine out, and have pretty much gutted the whole front end, (replacing belly pan too) should I go back to stock spec (I have 95% of the stock parts still) or should I invest some extra money and just get it running solid with the aftermarket parts? we were having problems with middleband bogging and loading up on take offs, figured it might be something we could fix with jetting changes and maybe a boost bottle, but unfortunetley we found the clutch needing to be replaced so stopped farting around with it at that point? If I go the route of rebuilding it aftermarket, I was planning on putting in a tourque plate, denser mounts, a toure and push arm to lock the engine right in place. what are your thoughts?:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts