Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and and just picked up a couple Yamaha’s for leisurely trail riding. I got a 2001 SRX 700 and he got a 1998 500 XTC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I noticed nobody was very active here lately. We purchased ours a few weeks ago. Just the right time to buy. Now we have all year to make sure everything is good and get all the riding equipment we’ll need.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome! Definitely look into some clutching for those sleds if you want to waken them up a little bit on the trails, unless the previous owner did this of course!

Yeah with summer here not many will be around. Too busy either rebuilding the sleds from this past seasons rides or in my case dealing with back to back surgeries,lol.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thanks!

Yeah I just had lower back surgery which was surgery number 95! I had spinal cord shaved, a badly herniated disk shaved and piece of it cut out, was the S5/L1 area.

Then June 14th I have my 29th knee surgery between both knees, this one is my right knee again as it is locking up now and then. So that means torn cartilage and most likely torn meniscus again.

Then come august it is nerve blocks on both knees which I have done every year around that time so going to be a recovering summer again like always!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I check in at least 3 times a week.

My justification for a new machine (back in 2015) was either spend money on a new machine or spend money paying doctor bills. The difference between pre-Rev (Skidoo) machine and newer machines is huge for ride quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts