Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, haven't been on a sled in a long time. Last sled I owned was a 2000 RMK 700 with 137" x 1.75" track. I sold it in around 2006. I'm very into dirt bikes and even race a little MX.

I was once a member here in the early-mid 2000's, but have long since lost my login info lol. Anyway the Mrs. and I are getting to the stage of life where the kids are almost moved on and are interested in taking some trips into the mountains. Monday I picked up new sleds for us and am pretty stoked to ride again. Can't wait to see how this sled will compare to my old 2000 RMK.

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
Welcome back!

There is really no comparison between the abilities of the Gen II 700 and the Axys suspension. You are going to be VERY impressed.

Welcome to the SKS club ;) We can be the charter members!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome back!

There is really no comparison between the abilities of the Gen II 700 and the Axys suspension. You are going to be VERY impressed.

Welcome to the SKS club ;) We can be the charter members!

Thanks 👍

Ah I'm happy to hear that. Never ridden forward ergos and I'm looking forward to it. Well I shouldn't say never, I did ride the sleds out of the dealer and onto the trailer.....that was sketchy ha ha. I can only imagine how much better the suspension will be as compared to the old trailing arm Gen II.

After very careful consideration the SKS just seemed like the logical choice where our riding would be split between questionable local snow conditions and mountain alpine riding. Also, it just so happened that the dealer just down the road had these leftover 2018's for a great OTD price.

Thanks again for the welcome.

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
What you will be really impressed with is when you transition from seated to standing. Because the seating position is higher, that transition is a LOT easier. It makes for a really easy day when boondocking or hitting the hills.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I’ll tell you something I noticed right away......these newer machines are a LOT different to work on. Sure hope rider forward ergos are worth the trade-off lol. I have never wanted to punch an engineer in the face so badly.....and I work with engineers every day :LOL:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you think that is bad, you should try some of the other brands! With Polaris, you can at least get in to see the spark plugs ;)
Oh really the other ones are worse? Lol makes me even happier with the decision to go back to Polaris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts