Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This really sucks! Its either I dont weight enough or the sled is too big for me, but anyways, the back end keeps swinging from side to side when I go 40, and I dont know how to fix the problem. I have a Indy Trail Touring 488, and I weigh 110 lb. I do not have studs. :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
well your weight isn't going to keep the sled from sliding, you might want to go on a banana and spagetti diet to gain weight or get some studs. i 'd go with the studs. try 96 should help the sled from sliding. a big thing could be the conditions your riding in. maybe you ride over a lot of ice. carbides will also help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friedns told me to put studs into. Also carbides. But, yes I think I am very light for the sled or I am too small/sled too big for me. Yeah, stuff happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds to me like you may need to soften the rear susp. The factory specs are for 180# rider and you being so light, it's just beating you up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just read about this. Its called the "polaris shuffle" typical of a rear suspension not set up for the proper load. Let me search for it. I'll post the article & the fix for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! This helps out alot. I am gonna try fixing it. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine coming out tomorrow. I have the same problem, especially with traction. That set-up makes alot of sense. !!! I'm gonna try it for sure!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts