Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where I'm a mechanic I hear all kinds of crazy stuff. I recently heard someone say that if you put half a quart to a quart of ATF in you fuel tank every other tank of fuel it will clean out your fuel system and you'll get better fuel mileage. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it or heard of this. If so what have you found? Thanks for the response

·
Registered
537 Posts
Are u talking like atf as in atf trans fluid if so I have heard about doing it in cars id you pour it down the carb they say it can loosen stick valves and atuff it does make for a good smoke show though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using SnowMobile App

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know if you pour it in your engine oil(your car) it will clean your motor an get rid that white stuff. I did it to a car i used to have. Dumped a quart in ran it a while an then changed the oil.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have heard of people mixing a quart of atf into their diesel fuel to help clean the soot out of the engine but there is no way I am doing that to my new $60k truck let alone one of my sleds!

·
'93 Phazer and The Kid
1,136 Posts
Never heard of using ATF. I would just use seafoam. Supposed to clean everything already mentioned. Can even dump it in your oil...

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that seafoam is pretty good stuff, never tried it though. I have also heard that ATF works the best in diesel engines. I thought about trying a little in my truck to see what would happen. I'd never put it in a sled I'd be afraid of screwing something up with oil mixture

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
atf in engine oil will loosen & remove
sludge from engine when drained.
have done it for years.
i have never put in fuel:eek:
i use sea-foam, works the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
I've done the ATF down the carb/throtle body to unstick rings,etc.. I've put into the Deisel fuel tank too!

·
Mopar crazy
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been trying ATF in my truck about every third fill up and it actually seems to help my fuel mileage. The first time I tried it I got about 260 miles on a tank where I normally only get 200 or 220. I also put a quart of ATF in the oil of a friends car about a week before I did the oil change on it. She said that it seemed to run better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts