Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racer's

NASCAR and NHRA both made changes when they had Safety concerns with speeds being to fast for the the Drivers, Sleds do not have much control when spinning down the 1/4 mile trying to hook up, most guys will tell you speeds in excess of 150MPH it can be a handfull at the big end of the track, along with the shutdown. Changing to 1/8 would make it alot safer for the Drivers, most of your Problems seem to happen after the 1/8 mile mark. Lets do something to make Asphalt racing Safe.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
never happen.;)

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Alot of tracks are only running 1000'! We were at Martin last fall and a guy doing 150mph run, with the skis in the air, was throwing his wieght to the side to try to keep it straight!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Alot of tracks are only running 1000'! We were at Martin last fall and a guy doing 150mph run, with the skis in the air, was throwing his wieght to the side to try to keep it straight!
Martin michigan?

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Yep! Been goin there for a few years now! They are still running the 1/4! The speeds of the sleds really wouldn't change much going to 1000 or an 18th! I hope to bring out the Big Cat with the slick on it!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Yep! Been goin there for a few years now! They are still running the 1/4! The speeds of the sleds really wouldn't change much going to 1000 or an 18th! I hope to bring out the Big Cat with the slick on it!
Nice. Ive never been there but i definatly want to this year. I live in muskegon michigan, bout 45 min north of grand rapids.

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Snowmobile.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts