Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever heard of one of these? Looking fora smallish sled for my son and saw an ad for an Aric Cat snowcat snowmobile? Never heard of one.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I havn't heard of a "Snowcat", but Arctic Cat used to make the "Kitty Cat" which is for kids. They make the Z120 now... I think that is what its called.

I used to have 2 Kitty Cats. My brother and I used to race them for hours in our back yard and on the lake at my grandparents when I was younger. Best toy ever!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i have heard of a snowcat, but i believe its a groomer, not a sled. you are looking for what cobra is talking about, either a kitty kat or a zr120

·
Registered
1 Posts
What a "Snowcat" is

This might help you out a bit, depending on where that ad was from. In my part of the world (northwestern Minnesota), the word "snowcat" just means snowmobile, like the little fast machines with skis and tracks that this page is about.
I think this is because the first snowmobile made by Polaris was called the Sno-Cat, but I'm really not sure.

So, if you found an ad from an individual in NW MN, that's probably what it is.

But, I looked on the internet and found that "snowcat" usually means a totally different machine. So if the ad were from some company or from a person not from NW MN, this could be what they mean by "snowcat"

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts