Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 700 xc sp. i have a slp single pipe on it and have geared it (22:41 stock was 25:41). also has boysen reed pedals and a boost bottle. what i am looking for is a good clutch kit or else somewhere to start with just being some different weights. any ideas or help would be appreciated. it is only 121" by inch and a half. aslo wondering if anyone thinks this sled can beat an f7? i am not looking for top speed but rather an arm jerker.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Since you geared down the sled I can guarantee that it won't beat an F7.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I really dont like cat, BUT nothing out there beats an f7 off the line(any regular production sled, maybe some snow cross sleds) maybe a rx1 will get it in the long run (like a mile or more) but thats about it. Reclutching after all the mods is a must anyway. it will be quick and close but i fear the end is the same:(

damn cats

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of clutch kit

what would you guys reccomend for a kit. or should i just buy some different weights and springs and mess around with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check with SLP, but also for Polaris clutches Erlandson Performance make nice products, change the springs, and do a helix swap too.

Also, as much as I hate Cats, F7's are snow bullets, but they're in the shop every week so enjoy beating your buddies while they're sitting watching tv.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Spiderman said:
Check with SLP, but also for Polaris clutches Erlandson Performance make nice products, change the springs, and do a helix swap too.

Also, as much as I hate Cats, F7's are snow bullets, but they're in the shop every week so enjoy beating your buddies while they're sitting watching tv.

Everyone that I know with an F7 loves them. I don't know why there is such hatred towards this one sled. They are just as reliable now as any other sled out there. So they had some recalls the first year, so does every other sled out there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as Cats go I think they're a great sled too, just seems the two people I know with them have had a lot of problems, and from speaking with people trailside, same thing.

I've heard all the quirks are worked out and if thats true, great, nice sled.

Personally i'm a Polairs guy, i've got 40,000 miles in my short time as a snowmobiler without so much as ever blowing a belt. I like my time on the trail instead of the shop, even if i'm not first at the end of the lake

·
Registered
633 Posts
Spiderman said:
Personally i'm a Polairs guy, i've got 40,000 miles in my short time as a snowmobiler without so much as ever blowing a belt. I like my time on the trail instead of the shop, even if i'm not first at the end of the lake
i blew my belt with 150 miles on my sled......:) .....i loved the feeling of going 0-90 in a short period of time, its awesome, i got a kevlar belt now and it has about 800 miles on it

·
Registered
149 Posts
its not that f-7's are hated it just that when u have a sled that has been out for 3 years you would excpect them to have worked the bugs out of them after the first year. when the sled even tho it is the first year out has 40 plus recalls on it and then the next year just as many or maybe a few less. and i also have a friend that has a 2003 f-7 that with in the first 1,000 miles he had 3 blown motors and 1 fuel pump problem and they were all manufacter errors. and i dont mind cats i would take them over a yamaha any day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey shepy04, i have a machz, i never really liked yamaha, but i realized that thee yamahas are truly have great sleds. Why in the world would u want to ride a cat over a yamaha. Yamaha are the most reliable sleds on the market today. I really like ski-doos, but the yami's are the most reliable. They maybe heavy, but they are built to last. You must be a moron to take a cat over a yamaha.

·
Registered
149 Posts
actually i wouldn't want either but i am not a moron i was just trying to make a point and i would never go 4 stroke, and i would never by a cat or a yami, i like doo's and polaris's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey shepy, why in hell would u buy a polaris. They are so bad, so far behind in technology.The rx-1 smokes the fusion, and the srx will smoke any other sled polaris has. The new fusion is a piece of junk, and they can not even keep them together. Why spend ten grand on that junk buy either a yami or a doo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
well i dont know any rx-1 that can beat a 800 polaris stock. they have a broader powerband cause of 4 stroke but every race i've seen with the 2 the polaris one, and for it beating the fusion where?, when? , why are the fusions junk because they had a recall on jackshafts that have been already taken care of? every new sled usually has a recall, i'm sure your new mach will! and for technology the only reason that ski-doo is said to be on top of the game is because of the rev. which is probably the best all around sled but besides that the pro-x is usually rated right up there compared to other brands sleds in being(an aggressive trail sled) every company has good and bad we should all be happy we are riding!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey pro-x the rx-1 beat the fusion at the shootout in woodgate this year. Both sleds were stock, and when the they put the dealer prep on them the rx-1 was still faster by 3 or 4 mph. No sleds are junk, but it is bad when the fusion has had 2 or 3 recalls before the season started. But atleast they had them fixed before the season started. If i remember correctly when the rx-1 came out, i dont think it had any recalls.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I dont know when that took place but i the past the 800 polaris beat the rx-1 in every shootout. For the fusion being bad cause of a couple of recalls, look at the recalls the firecat had, and so did the 800 rev, and I thought the rx-1 had some but not sure. Their are recalls on things from lawnmowers to cadillacs but it doesnt make them (bad). I will say that that the thing bad about the fusion is the way it looks, if they could get them to like the switchback they would have something.

·
Registered
149 Posts
umm i doubt a rx-1 will beat a 800 since the rx-1 is a 4 stroke 1000 cc 4 banger and i have seen those things get eatin alive and spit out by polaris's all the time and if it will beat a polaris 800 y do they run them in the 600 class around here when we have the yearly drag races and they get beatin by all the 600's
and sorry to say they dont make the srx any more and i have seen a fully worked srx and it was a dog i dont know y people like the foregin junk but i would rather have something built in the U.S. that is reliable than a pos junk jap rocket even though i know the polaris's were a fuji motor but not anymore and my sled doesnt have a fuji in it so i dont have to worry and the fuji were bullet proof anyways. and because the fusion has had a few recalls its a piece of junk all of a sudden what about the firecats that have had 40 or more and the revs had some so now the revs are junk and i am sure the mach z will have some recalls and i know the rx-1 had at least 1 and that was were the exhaust pipe's were getting to hot and starting the seats on fire. so now that thing is junk too according to u so anything with a recall is junk is what u r saying i hate to break it to ya everything and anything has recalls its just the way the game works and u dont need to be a jerk about it either i was just trying to make a point. and pro-x thanks for helpin to defend the polaris name

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea. Also, it least Polaris can make a lightweight twin. All Yamaha makes are triples and 4 cylinders which are junk. They suck gas, heavy, and are pigs compared to modern lightweight performance twins. Go make yer argument under the Yamaha catagory, because nobody wants to here that Polaris is junk being that were all Polaris riiders. And buddy, Polaris may not be on top of thier innovations game, but they are the most reliable thats y they were to worlds number one sellnig sled for almost 10 years before ski doo. and Y are you arguing for Yamaha when you run a Ski doo. In the old forge shootout the Mach Z was only 5 or 6 mph faster than the firecat 600!!! ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love it when people think that the srx is slow. This year in the North east grass drag series, there seems to be a guy name Jeff Hubelek, if im not mistaken, it seems to say champion of 4 class. Two with the srx and two with an sxr. I hate it when i prove people wrong. Also yamaha never had a recall on the rx-1 for the pipes gettin to hot, and buring a hole in the seat. Yamaha is the most reliable sled by far, and i have riden all four manufactures. Yamaha's are bullet proof. I have had 4 yamahas since 1994, i never had any problems with them. I have just recenly switched over to ski-doo, because of the rev chassis. And shepy where did u see that full mod srx, what was it so fast it was already down the track, by the time those polaris's got off the line. Hey shepy i think the rx-1 set the world record in Qubec, for the fastest time ever in 500', where have u seen it get beat by a 600. Hey yamaha focused all there stuff on 4-stroke, where is everyone elses 4-stokes. What, they do not have any, o dammit im right again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
what I'm interested in is this rx-1? You said that it beats the 800 polaris and I have yet found that. Not to blow this into an argument but you bought the 1000 skidoo for the rev chassis? Now isn't the mach a rt platform not a rev platform? Also read that the mach handles nothing like a rev so did you buy it to have the handling or the supposed to be the fastest sled? Anyone can hold it to the bar on a lake but break that thing out on some moguls in a trail, then I'll see you at the bar!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts