Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i contacted a few dealers that had some leftover sleds in stock. Here is the pricing they gave me:

2009 Z1 LXR Blk/Grn $7999.00
2009 Z1 Turbo SnoPro Grn $9499.00
2010Z1-1100 Turbo SnoPro Grn $10699.00

Are those prices fair? Do you think the dealer would be willing to go down any? Let me know thanks.

My brother and i are each taking one of those, by the way. Oh, and those prices include freight and set-up.

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
I'm guessing it's USD. seems fair those turbo are the most expensive sleds on the market

·
Live 2 Ride
1,004 Posts
don't bother with the non turbos , overweight and underpowered

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, im a relatively new rider- havent ridden in a few years, since i was like 12.. lol.. So although it is "underpowered", it is still MORE than enough for a "Novice" Rider. I just want a 4 stroke to be honest for reliability and efficiency and all. Plus im not too much of a Crazy Speed Freak. Im what most people call a "Pussy".. lol. Not planning on going more than 70 or 80 AT ALL.. thats maybe if im on a lake.. lol. Anyhow, If they have a good deal on Turbo's i may get one instead. If the dealership is open saturday (i sure as hell hope so) my father agreed to go on a road trip to upstate NY to visit the dealership. We are for sure walking out with at least one sled for myself.. If we could get a good deal he said that he would also buy two, which means i may be able to drop the price. They have a nice 2010 F5 LXR and F570 that my dad might be interested in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats not the dealership i was looking at. I gotta find it again via arctic cat.. was all seasons equipement or something like tht.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look man, im not really worried about power as its either the left-over Z1 or a 2011 F5 lxr lol.. Plus im a short 140 lb 17 Year old. Im sure that a 1056cc, even though its rediculously heavy, is more than powerful enough for me. Im going to essentially be re-learning to ride on the sled so its DEFINATELY enough for at least the next few years. Worst case ill pass it on over to my dad and buy another better sled lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Look man, im not really worried about power as its either the left-over Z1 or a 2011 F5 lxr lol.. Plus im a short 140 lb 17 Year old. Im sure that a 1056cc, even though its rediculously heavy, is more than powerful enough for me. Im going to essentially be re-learning to ride on the sled so its DEFINATELY enough for at least the next few years. Worst case ill pass it on over to my dad and buy another better sled lol.
thats totally your call man. A 4 stroke 1000 non turbo makes around 115-120 hp i think which is basically about like a standard 600 2 stroke.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats totally your call man. A 4 stroke 1000 non turbo makes around 115-120 hp i think which is basically about like a standard 600 2 stroke.
im gona look into that z1 turbo sno pro.. the 09 one. If i could drop the price to say 9k, which may be possible if we take 4 sleds, ill definately go for it. Just that between everything i wont have enough to spend 9.6k or 9.5k on a sled and then like 1.5k+ just on gear.. So if i can get it for 9 id take it and then order the gear online for cheaper. the major problem would be convincing my dad to let me get it lol. Its my money but he still might not let me get one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
im gona look into that z1 turbo sno pro.. the 09 one. If i could drop the price to say 9k, which may be possible if we take 4 sleds, ill definately go for it. Just that between everything i wont have enough to spend 9.6k or 9.5k on a sled and then like 1.5k+ just on gear.. So if i can get it for 9 id take it and then order the gear online for cheaper. the major problem would be convincing my dad to let me get it lol. Its my money but he still might not let me get one.
Get the turbo if you can i know money might be tight but if you plan on keeping this sled for 5+ years that extra money really is not that much and also if you ever needed to sell it the turbo will sell better than the non turbo. The z1 non turbo is really under powered you would think a 1056cc motor would put out more than 123hp but that's what it's got and also as you become more comfortable with riding you may want more power and to get the extra 54hp out of the non turbo model will cost you big money way more than the $1500 you are looking at to get the turbo model you are looking at. GOOD LUCK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts