Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i have the chance to buy an Prowler 1990 cheap. I was wondering if anyone have pro an kontra infor on this slede. The guy who is selling it told me that he was faster than mm700 and an zl 500 sounds that wright?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My dad had a 1991 prowler, it was ok, wasnt good in deep snow at all, snow always got on the belt, and therefore it slipped. Other than that there good, kinda weird lookin, but good sleds.

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
I have a 90 Prowler, the lack of any place to attach a front bumper is a negative, as is the rear plastic POS bumper. Other than that, it starts great, rides great, and is a blast to play on. It is definitely NOT a deep snow sled. It turns on a dime, though, and for the most part has been trouble free for the three years I have had it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My uncle has a 92 prowler and if i'm not mistaken they are 440 s There is no way that they are faster than the 500's.There a good all around sled and will do about 80 on the speedo .The 500's will see around the 100 mark.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
is it the EFI? or carb, i hear they are a great sled and really move, so i've heard about the efi's. The small displacement cats seem to all run very well.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
436 cc actual

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah it is 436 cc's. Well if you ca get cheap I would take it, I got mine for $800. It has about 5900 miles on her but she starts great and runs great aswell. I did some work to it, the two sides where cracked where the cluches are and the chain case, I fixed them with fiberglass, and re- painted them. I also took up the long sticker on the tunnel and painted that aswell. I tore out the undercarige and replace my shock, 1 boggie, a strap limiter, and adjusted the front spring on the undercarige, also replaced the sliders. I aslo painted the undercarige once everything was off. I intalled a thumb warmer, got a few new decals, and I cut the windshield down 4 inches. Man what a difference, sled looks awesome. I will post some pics as soon as I get some film. Like I said, if you can get i cheap take it. I spent about $400 on it, but thats couting everything all the paint , primer, the #'s i got made for it, it's not all that much. Anyways good luck

Bullet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts