Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to extend my 121 zl skid, but i fabricated together my own 136 skid, used oem 136 rails from im guessing late 90's mountain sled, 00+ zr front arm, and my original 02 zl rear arm that had to be grinded down to fit in a coil over shock i had from my older 98 zr front susp, basically canceling out the two rear torsion springs for the single coil over shock, like a m series which uses the fox float rear shock. swaped in a 136x15x1.5 non studded paddle track, had to drill out new mounting holes which were pre marked on tunnel for skid, and was hard to bolt up but end results are great, with re-selling old parts i've only come out of pocket maybe $50. not bad at all in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,131 Posts
Does the single coil over have enough tension to hold you and the sled? Can you stand on the rear bumper and jump up and down on it, will it bottom out?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plenty of tension. And its adjustable so u just set it to your rideing needs....

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
That's very interesting! $50 to long track a machine? That's nuts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What was the eye to eye on the stock shock? And the coil over?
I believe it was 16" . Came outta my 98 zr 600 front end before I did the aglt wide mod. I did make a bar that goes under the coil over shock, whatever arm that's called, old setup uses the two bars that are mounted with the factory shock, mines mounted just down from my coilover

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have those same rails on my 95. I just used all of the suspension parts off of a 2002 skid except the rails I bought those off eBay for $50

ImageUploadedBySM Free1418013031.107245.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea ill get some closer pics, camera just dont have a light/flash so harder to see unless we'd get some dang snow down here in s.e. wi

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics

this is the best i can get right now, basically showing the modification i did to the zl's rear arm, the green bar (shock link) i made and also bracket for lower end of shock/ link arm.....

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
So far all I have found is 1 guy who says it was a factory extension kit that he got with his 98 thundercat

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far all I have found is 1 guy who says it was a factory extension kit that he got with his 98 thundercat
You mean a option to swap out for these longer rails, cuz its not an extension add on... makes sense, cuz there design is just like the normal zr/zl/zrt rails ecept the rear of them, hard to find is ok for me, makes mine rare....

·
Registered
54 Posts
You mean a option to swap out for these longer rails, cuz its not an extension add on... makes sense, cuz there design is just like the normal zr/zl/zrt rails ecept the rear of them, hard to find is ok for me, makes mine rare....

Correct. That's all I have found on them and for the record you are the second person that has these rails on a sled that I have actually seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts