Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
jcurrieta
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this $300 helmet, its a BRP GS-2 Helmet and I find going 30miles per hr my forehead freezes in 3mins flat. Tried shutting all vents, and wearing a balaclava and still the same thing,,, what should I do? Its not even that cold out yet. I have no receipt, just wondering were and how the wind is getting in???

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have the modular 2 helmet but know a couple guys that have the gs2 and they have had no complaints. Does the gs2 have the small vent in the very front nose area? If so is it closing properly? on my modular when this vent is open it lets the air in up higher in the helmet making my upper face and forehead cold.

·
jcurrieta
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DARKPHREAK- yes the shield is down,,, it doesn't really click but it is down all the way.

Jerrys1- Yes it has the vents,, and closing it properly doesn't help no.

It was only -8 (18 F) or so yesterday and with the wind on the trails it was unbearable to drive more then 5mins on the trail?? what the heck?

Oh and I just knowticed it didnt come with a chin guard to keep the wind from going up and under like my ckx has,,, I see on skidoo site they sell them for this helmet,,, is it supposed to come with one?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Wonder if not having the chin guard allows the air inside where it could whirlwind around your forehead. If I dont buckle the strap on my BVS2 it is alot colder around the upper face.

Buy the chinguard.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yea it should have come with the chinguard both my buddies gs2 and my modular came with them I always ride with mine attached so maybe thats your issue??

·
jcurrieta
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mmm ill try some tape for a chinguard 1st,,,, before i waste anymore money on this useless helmet??

Before I go any further,,, Does anyone who actually owns a GS-2 have a comment on this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts