Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to put a 5" riser on my '00 RMK Gen 2 chassis. Can get the throttle extension from PowerMadd, but their extended brake cables are out of stock.... I know I can get a 3" riser in there without extending the cables but I'd much rather have a 5", so I'm going to have to.

Looked around on google, couldn't find one...

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
I can tell you how to make your own line for less than $5.00

Also, I have a Powermadd Throttle Extension for sale for $25.00 shipped. It is brand new!

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crap, what's up with people telling me this stuff after I already order lol. To late dude, thanks though! Maybe next time.

I would be interested in how to make the brake line though...

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Return your other stuff! I'd sell the 4-5.5 and the throttle extension for $150.00 shipped!

·
PanicAttack
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm one of those instant gratification guys.. if I can't get it right now I don't want it, lol.

Plus I got the riser for quite a bit less than that o_O

However I'd still like to learn how to make the brake lines :p

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Does your brake line go from a flex line to a steel line just before the caliper?

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Nice, get 1/4 inch brake line adapter that is 8 inches long.

Get a coupler, brass, from them that will fit the smaller of the two fittings. Remove your brake line and make sure coupler screws in. Bend it as needed to get it to fit. If you have to cut it shorter like I did in half, you have to double flare it. Any mechanic shop can do that for you for free if you don't own the tools or your good friend is a master mechanic!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did this last weekend the cost was 7.23. I however put the steel line extension on the master cylinder it was a tooless operation. Simply took the 8 inch line slowly bent a 90 degree angle in the middle it is fully hidden by the bar cover and I used rubber tape to keep it from rubbing on the bars then zipp tied in place. I then attached the existing brake line to the steel. I did have to take it all the way out and take to NAPA to get the adapters but was cheap and easy less than 30 minutes to complete.

I have seven inches of rise on my sled could put another 3 now if I wanted.

I rode 130 miles on the set up so far no issues.

I will be returning the $47 brake line I purchased.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All i can say is dont get the slp brake line would not fit on my sled the caliper is to close to the tank for it to work. all i did was bend the 90 in the factory line straight and rout it different and it works good with my 6 inch riser. I am returning the slp brake line.

·
TRH- Troll Raising Hell
6,133 Posts
Never thought of it that way KT. I have an adjustable riser so I wanted the braided end by the bars.

·
Registered
40 Posts
After looking the situation over and not wanting to unbend the current line or take the risk of doing a poor flare job I went that way. It can be done this way even with adjustable since almost all of the steel line is the length from the master cylinder to the base of the bars. It makes for an easier cheaper modification to those sleds with the 90 degree caliper end. Ive talked to a few other polaris guys and they all had done it at the bottom so I'm sure I'm just 1 of a few who went the top route.
I would recomend it to anyone with limited brake line tools since I need nothing but the rack on the back of the sled to bend the new line.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts