Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know anything about ebay motors???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone familiar with purchasing a snowmobile or atv on ebay motors???

i found a sled for sale which i am interested in, he asking $1730.00 bux for it, found on a deal simalar to craigs list... i contacted him via the site provided link to see if he still had it. he does and i asked him why he was selling it... he needs to liquidate in order to finance his new house...

"I'm glad that you're interested in my sled.The sled is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects.Never been dropped, laid down, raced or in an accident. It has been regularly maintained. It runs like brand new with no issues.The exterior is in excellent condition, brakes work well. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time... There are no known problems with the sled as far as I know.

The total price is $1,730‏‏‏ including shipping and delivery taxes to your address.
I AM SELLING UNDER THE MARKET'S VALUE BECAUSE I NEED LIQUIDITY IN ORDER TO FINISH THE HOUSE THAT I AM BUILDING.

If you are decided we are going to have a safe deal.

Please get back to me to explain you more.
I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!"

of course i dont want to get scammed on this deal and i relayed my concerns. he relayed back...

I'm in New Jersey due to my work (i'm an Air Force Msgt.) and i have the sled here with me. I can deliver it to your shipping address (i will pay for the shipping and insurance fees) and i will agree to let you test and inspect it for 5 days just to be sure. In this 5 days you will test the conditions of the sled. If something won't be like you expected to be you can return it without any expense. It will come with all the paper work.The payment will be made after you will test and inspect the sled.

The payment will be made after you will test and inspect the sled.
The deal will go through eBay Motors. In this way both of us will have the required assurance that the deal will take place well. A refund policy will be included.
If you agree with these terms please reply me with your full name, shipping address and phone# so that i can forward them to eBay. They will send you a complete list with instructions.

so if anyone has any expierience with ebay motors... i guess what confuses me is i thought ebay was an auction type of deal... almost sounds like a buy it now without a listing??? does this sound like it is legit??? or with the 5 day inspection period a safe try??? anyone got any advice on this let me know... thks

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would be afraid of this. I had someone try to scam me on a deal similar to this. They sent me a link to EBAY that looked legit and all. Something in my gut told me not to do it, so I sent it to [email protected] to check. It was a scam- Ebay did not close deals as he proposed. Do a purchase face to face.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's definitely a scam. Send the money, and you get nothing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
anyone know anything about ebay motors???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyone familiar with purchasing a snowmobile or atv on ebay motors???

i found a sled for sale which i am interested in, he asking $1730.00 bux for it, found on a deal simalar to craigs list... i contacted him via the site provided link to see if he still had it. he does and i asked him why he was selling it... he needs to liquidate in order to finance his new house...

I'd be leery on the Craig's list ad..Way to many scams going on...Every time I advertise on Craig's list. Half of the replies from the ads are scams.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
total scam!!! i reported one earlier this year . 07 raptor 700 with 3k of mods for 1500!!! yeah right. smae exact email as what you got!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
every single sentence in that ad screams scam!! Never been dropped, layed down? what?
LMAO... your right man!!! yeah i googled the "I AM SELLING UNDER THE MARKET'S VALUE BECAUSE I NEED LIQUIDITY IN ORDER TO FINISH THE HOUSE THAT I AM BUILDING"... and got hits...

wonder if i should send and email and try and get the price down LOL

thks folks!!!:thumbsup:

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
Run, Run Far, far away!..... Ask Him if you can come up to Jersey and see it for yourself.
i agree!!! run fast!!
my friend got scammed out of 1500bucks on a jeep cherokee.
same email. it said that he never laid down a jeep!!!
told him not to send money, but kids these days
never listen, im only 5 yrs older than him,hahaha.
but after he sent money he never heard anything.
we still remind him every chance we get.:D

·
Snowmobile Freak!!!!!
224 Posts
that is 100% scam and report that site (auction) to ebay ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
do what I did. Tell him your brother-in-law is a state trooper in New Jersey and he would like to come and look at it for you. Bet you won't get a reply. Jackasses

·
Registered
43 Posts
SCAM SCAM SCAM I had the same ad on craigslists here in mass.

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,841 Posts
The "Never been dropped/ laid down" give RED flags. How do you "lay down" a snowmobile.
"Exterior is a RED flag, the hole snowmobile is the exterior. Snowmobiles don't have titles, they have registration.They have bill of sale when you buy it, but that is not a title. Sounds like it was used for many things like say a car.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY/REPORT IT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Snowmobiles don't have titles, they have registration.They have bill of sale when you buy it, but that is not a title.
Not totally true. I'm from Idaho and they issue titles for snowmobiles. I imagine many other states do as well. The best way to prove ownership in the event of a theft.

For the OP, I've been using eBay for over ten years and have had a good experience with 99.9% of all my dealings, but have never bought a vehicle of any type through them. I probably never will unless it is local (within 50 miles) and I can go see it and talk with the individual selling it.

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
we sold our touring through ebay, but that was the 'classified' type of listing where the guy still had to come and pick it up and inspect it. I would never deal with a guy trying to ship that type of priced/sized object.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i guess i should clarify...

1. was never listed on ebay

2. question was if you ran across an add like say craigs list, had anyone heard of then completing a transaction thru ebay...

3. i was thinking scam when i first read add, i found multiple listings of the same add in colorado, north dakota, and a state in north east... also add was for a classic touring and said it was a 4 stroke... need to get into the "frontier" line for one a those...

but was curious if you could buiy/sell a sled. or whatever, without listing on ebay and then use ebay to complete the transaction. i dont think so, as i am sure even if they did they would demand a cut so then why not just list it there...

if it was on ebay i would def report it, is on some "backwoods" equivelent to ebay. but just threw it out there see what you all thought about it and maybe someone else will see this and remember. at least it aint a tell you about the sled i bought/but never got story LOL. thanks all...:thumbsup:

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
only time to get off ebay is if it near you and you can look at it before you buy it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and just fyi, the guy was always really prompt at answering emails... i would come home from work and see that he had replied a short time after i sent the mail before i left for work...

but couldnt resist sending another mail... still playing along i sent this.... never got a reply and its been over 24 hours. never took over an hour before. here what i sent, he dont wanna play anymore...

I am truly interested in the snowmobile, you suggest you are a motivated seller so a few more questions will not hurt.

1.Is this a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke engine, listing says 4 stroke I need to know for sure…

2. what is track length

3. again being sort of scared of making a purchase with a total stranger, although the terms you set forth including the 5 day test period which seems very ample to find out if it is as advertised… unless you and I can make an agreement that you send sled as you say, with the 5 day inspection period. Upon receipt and inspection I will then send you a check of your choice… bank check, money order, etc… have heard too many things gone bad using a 3rd party to handle the money, seems that a lot of scams use this method where the person has to put up the money and never receives item to even inspect. I responded to your add so did not initiate this correspondence… I am interested but very leary of this so far.

4 what is the VIN number of the snowmobile? And what is the state is registered under and registration number.

5. your phone number… and when can I reach you…

6. shipping and return shipping, what form of shipping are you planning on using to deliver sled with. And the no cost to me return shipping if needed, how will that work?

7. before I will take any further steps items 1-6 all need to be addressed.

Thank you

sounds like this gig over for me anyway...:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts