Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 XC 700 SP that I purchased new. I tore off the shocks last weekend and am planning on having them rebuilt.

I am questioning of an M-10 or even the new M- 12 is worth the investment? Anybody installed the M-10 on a sled such as mine with comparable fox shocks? Is it really worth the money?

·
Registered
711 Posts
no, not stock. M-10's are heavy (respectively) i would stick with the fox shocks for my money. I should take that back, i am not sure if M10 was ever stock on a gen II but i really dont think it was. If it was it would be on a classic but not a xc.

again, for the weight difference ( quite considderable) i would stay with fox.

·
Registered
125 Posts
So Dano, You're saying that the M-10 IS'NT what's on my sled? I thought all the xcsp's had the m-10? What does my sled( and accobras, sorry for the Hijacking)sled have under it....The lite??
I giess I'm kinda confused....I always thought the m-10 was the sport suspension?? Clear things up a bit for me If yah could be so kind :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
What was stock anyway was Xtra 10 suspension on most 99 gen II chasis. Some people may put M-10 on theirs however. If you bought yours new, you have Xtra 10 suspension with fox shocks because the XC SP came with fox shocks and the XC had "regular" shocks. My rmk has Xtra 10 as well. XLT's had Extra 12 suspension ( nice and Cushy)

M-10 is made by FAST. I dont beleive they came stock on polaris untill 01 or 02. Then they put them on mainly the INdy Classic. Some newer XC's (say 02, 03, 04) may have M-10 stock. But that was an added expesnsive feature (respectively). Once polaris offered M-10 stock, they had to work out an agreement with FAST (makers of Blade sleds) to use them. Also then they became better suspensions then because each one was hand made originally. Now they have to be mas produce because polaris didnt have time to make each one by hand. The the tollerances were less and a better more reliable suspension was born.

sounds like either way you have a sweet ride. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've installed many M-10's on Polaris sleds and I promise it to be worth it or I'll get rid of it for you. I've weighed both M-10 and the stock suspensions and the M-10 is LIGHTER not heavier. M-10's ride is still one of the best in the industry and with the new M-12 it will be a leader in suspension technology.
I've had an M-10 since 1995, I've rode a Blade snowmobile since 2000 and put 11,000 mi on my 1st one, I just picked my M-12 this weekend and can't wait to get it under my sled.
A used M-10 in good shape would be around $800.00. Put the M-10 on and get happy. shane

·
Registered
125 Posts
NOW I get it , thanks for the info DANO......I was thinking the M-10 was a type of DOWNGRADE, But I think I must have mistaken it for the xtra-10, wich sounds familiar now. (After checking my factory manual again :) ) I guess I really screwed up this thread for yah ACCOBRA....sorry bout that.

·
Registered
711 Posts
ah yes grass hopper, your questions are good. i hope it makes sense. i tend to confuse myself.

anytime

1 - 8 of 8 Posts