Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Northern Indiana has had no snow, my machines have yet to leave the trailer. Anyone know how the trails are up in the kalkaska area? I just want to ride and that's about a 4 hour drive. Dont want to make the trip if they are trashed. Anywhere in the lower peninsula rideable now?

· Sled Of The Month Judge
2,867 Posts
Last I've heard, there's about 3" or so on the ground, nothing rideable. Nothing promising in the forecast either. The trails in the Yoop have snow, but with everyone coming in from all over, the groomers can't keep up

Reactions: Hoosier

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last I've heard, there's about 3" or so on the ground, nothing rideable. Nothing promising in the forecast either. The trails in the Yoop have snow, but with everyone coming in from all over, the groomers can't keep up
We are getting some here now but probably not enough to open trails, looks like a trip to Wisconsin is on the agenda next week.

· Registered
3,977 Posts
Wisconsin doesn't have all that much either. Here in Northeast Wisconsin the snow is horrible only part of Oconto County and Marinette county trails are open. Only thing I would think that might be open is up in Hayward or Tomahawk but I wouldn't go near those with the amount of riders that end up there. Tbh the UP is still going to be the best bet. But check online on each county website as they should have trail information on there with what is open, the conditions and what hotels and what not are nearby. Some even include coupons or packets you can pick up to help with the hotel cost.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wisconsin doesn't have all that much either. Here in Northeast Wisconsin the snow is horrible only part of Oconto County and Marinette county trails are open. Only thing I would think that might be open is up in Hayward or Tomahawk but I wouldn't go near those with the amount of riders that end up there. Tbh the UP is still going to be the best bet. But check online on each county website as they should have trail information on there with what is open, the conditions and what hotels and what not are nearby. Some even include coupons or packets you can pick up to help with the hotel cost.
Hayward is where I am headed tonight, can stay with family up there. Supposedly a good amount of snow on the ground, but I'm sure the traffic is tearing the trails up. We have trails open here now, if you like riding on bare frozen dirt, not for me.

I've been looking on this polaris app I have at trail reports and it looks hot and cold no matter where you go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts