Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looking around, I see posts about cars, trucks, snowmobiles (Obviously), but I haven't seen anything on old tractors. Little buggers like Economy Power-Kings, Wheel-Horse's, and International Cub's have been my life for ages now. Anyone around here have a classic? (BTW, that was taken on a 1965 Nikon F)

Spenser.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't have any old ones now, but have operated many old tractors over the years. Massey 44, many different Case 30 series, a Minneapolis Model U, Allis-Chalmers D17, D21 and a G. Fordson Super Major and many many more.

The one on the left side of your photo looks like Massey Harris No.16 Pacer. 91 cu/in 4 cylinder Continental gas engine about 18HP. They look well restored and cared for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Pony 11 with a 62cu/in Continental 4 cylinder. 1954, it was the last year before the Pacer came about. 11 Drawbar hp.. not much to spare there. The Pony and Pacer shared the same body, just that the Pacer has a two-piece 8-bolt frame, the Pony is just a single casting. Thanks! Still 6 volt, too.. it's a ball of fun in the cold.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Still 6 volt, too.. it's a ball of fun in the cold.
I imagine it is.

On the farm as a kid, we had a 1944 International TD9 crawler that had a snow blade. Diesel, but it started on gas and once warmed a bit you'd pull a leaver to switch it over to diesel. It had two six volt batteries under the seat. It was always a fight to get it started to plow the lane in the winter.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
Those are some nice tractors, guy up the road from me used to have a really old cockshut I thought the name was funny.He might still have it for all I know.

·
Tinkerer
384 Posts
I imagine it is.

On the farm as a kid, we had a 1944 International TD9 crawler that had a snow blade. Diesel, but it started on gas and once warmed a bit you'd pull a leaver to switch it over to diesel. It had two six volt batteries under the seat. It was always a fight to get it started to plow the lane in the winter.
Thats cool I didn't know there were engines like that.I knew of ones with reverse grounded electrical systems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts