Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondering if anyone from those two states are on this board that I could ride with sometime, I live about one and a half hours from truckee ca.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Gardnerville. A half an hour East of Tahoe. But, don't have a sled yet. Gettin ready to go shoppin in a few weeks. Alot of guys around here, like to go to the Blue Lakes area. It's on hwy 88. About 25 min South of Gardnerville and Tahoe. Maybe an hour to an hour and 15 min from truckee. I think. I have been riding there once. It was awesome to say the least. Although, I have nuthing to compare it to. But it offers alot of different terrain for sure.

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
It's been since Jan. since the last post. Where are all the westener's?

·
Registered
138 Posts
hello mountain riders i am in washington and i think since there is no snow everyone is out 4-wheelin
i know some people that did not even start there sled this year:(

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
No more westener's lately?

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
No snow out there? Stump's me.:confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea i like in SOULSBYVILLE CA, sort of near Sonora and sort of near Yosemite National Park. We've got lotsa snow here and the whole Sonora Pass 2 ride. If any yall ever ride over here stop in @ Dardainelles Resort and look me up.

·
Super Moderator
18,403 Posts
I'm in Oregon near the California border, there are places near here with over 6 feet of snow. It is an awesome year for sledding, we should be able to keep going until May! Crater Lake NP has over 12 FEET of roadside snow as you go into the park. It's like driving in a snow tunnel!

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
what do you mean 21'

is that total, or what you have right now if you use a measuring stick?

·
Mountain M0DERAT0R
7,469 Posts
i gottcha...thats a good amount of snow. bet that keeps you busy most of the winter

where i ride they get about 200" +/- a year...imo, thats good riding right there :D

·
Runnin Against The Wind!
8,036 Posts
Wonder what the summers are like?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I live in Los Angeles and go to Mammoth Lakes. 150 miles groomed trails and some neat bowls to ride in. They have had 600inches at 7000 feet and 2 feet last Saturday. I think most " down to earth " riders are in Huntington Lake. Similar snowfall and conditiond since it is the west side of the Sierras and Mammoth is the East Side.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Might go Saturday (250 miles away) ... depends on family.

As far as conditions. I call at least 2 of the 3 peple. Forest Service, nearest snowmobile rental shop, loacal snowmobile or CROSSCOUNTRY ski club to find out trail conditions.

Weather conditions vary greatly in this state. And changes by a few thousand feet and a couple miles.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts