Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might gut my formua III pipes were u torch them open and gut the insides and weld them back togher did anyone ever do this or here of it and what are the efecks on it

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Good way to burn up the motor. Gutting the pipes leans out the engine and you'll burn a piston, besides being the loudest, most obnoxious sled on the trail. Get an aftermarket pipe or leave it alone.

·
Registered
233 Posts
smallengineguy said:
Good way to burn up the motor. Gutting the pipes leans out the engine and you'll burn a piston, besides being the loudest, most obnoxious sled on the trail. Get an aftermarket pipe or leave it alone.
translation:
I'd wouldn't do this to a sled. First off it makes it really lound and quiet annoying. Plus the fact it could blow up your motor. I would recomend getting an aftermarket pipe. These give you hp gains without blowing up youre motor and being really loud on the trails.:cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Agreed, sell the stockers to someone after you get the new ones installed and offset the deficit for the purchase a bit.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Thanks for backing me up on this one. You'd be surprised how many land owners close the trails to snowmobilers when you get some sled with a gutted out pipe going by their house at 11PM!! :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts