Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 Indy 400. I got a hold of an x-tra 10 on E-bay. Dealer says its a pretty easy and common swap. Just have to redrill the tunnel.
Anyone ever do one of these swaps? Dealer is backed up for a while so I'll do it myself, if I can.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My friend just put a Fast M-10 in his 94 XLT. Was pretty simple install. If you do so you will also have to jack up the front end or there will be too much weight on the skis. We are custom modifying my friends to fit some 03 edge chassis front shocks. Wont have as wide of a ski stance but will do the trick. Can't wait to try it out (fronts not done yet, should have it ready to go this week).

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
FREIND OF MINE PUT A XTRA-12 IN A '91 650 HE WENT TO DEALER AND GOT ALL NEW BRACKETS(AROUND $100 BUCKS) AND DID ALOT OF MEASURING AND REMEASURING BUT BOY DID IT MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, HE SAID HE WOULD GO WITH THE XTRA-10 NEXT TIME WOULD HAVE BEEN EASIER.

GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
xtra 10

well, i just finished this exact project. I have a 88 Indy 650 and got an xtra 10. This was not a extremly fun experience due to the fact that I installed a new track w/ studs at the same time, that it quite fun w/ the older 650's. But this must be something I did wrong but the suspension won't work. Just make sure you get the measurments RIGHT, hopefully that was my problem. I'm going up this weekend with about 1 inch of travel, it wont be much worse that the stock 650 suspension:p ,

Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts